ADSM-L

Maximum Volume Size In a Disk Pool?

2004-11-11 17:56:38
Subject: Maximum Volume Size In a Disk Pool?
From: "Hart, Charles" <charles.hart AT MEDTRONIC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 16:56:09 -0600
I've done some searching, and I have seen info about a Max Disk StgPool size
but not a Max Volume in a Stgpool.  I have a ticket open with Tivoli, but was
wondering if anyone knew off hand.

Here's what we tried

        TSM Env = AIX 5.2.x TSM 5.2.3.4 - IBM p630 4x4

We have a Clarrion with SATA Disk and (600GB Chunks Across 5 STA Disks) Our AIX
Admin tried to present a Raw logical of 1.2TB and TSM would barf with an
internal Server Error when we did a "dev vol disk_backup /dev/rtsmbackup
acc=readw" (no format size needed for raw partitions).  To move forward we have
been using 900 GB Raw Partitions and all is well.

Thanks,

Charles