ADSM-L

ANS5205E/ANS5203E

2004-11-11 12:31:19
Subject: ANS5205E/ANS5203E
From: Moses Show <Moses.Show AT STPAUL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 17:28:30 +0000
Hi Guyz,
        We have been having problems with one of our client daily
incremental windows backups. We are using TSM BAClient v5.1.6 running on a
windows NT4 box. We keep getting the above errors when using the TSM
scheduler to try and backup the system objects and when trying to perform
backup manually. Space on the windows drive is limited (which may have
some bearing on why this is happening). Also have tried deleting the
adsm.sys folder and then trying to backup the system objects manually.
This also produces the same reults. Is the actual cause of the above error
codes therefore related to the lack of space on the drive being backed up
?

Also noticed when examining the preferences on BAClient that the box for
for backup all local filesystems has been checked and a list of drives
located in the domain list. However the exact same drives also appear in
the exclude these domains fom the backup box. this wouls appear to
indicate that nothing should be backed up. Am i correct in my assumption
of the latter ?

any help in solving this problem would be very gratefully received.

Moses Show
Contract Technical Analyst
St Paul Travelers Insurance Co. Ltd
61-63 London Road,
Redhill  RH1 1NA

Direct:  01737 787 286
Fax:      01737 787432
Email:  Moses.Show AT spt DOT com
Web  :  stpaultravelers.co.uk

This communication, together with any attachments hereto or links contained
herein, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain
information that is confidential or legally protected. If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any review, disclosure,
copying, dissemination, distribution or use of this communication is STRICTLY
PROHIBITED.  If you have received this communication in error, please notify
the sender immediately by return e-mail message and delete the original and all
copies of the communication, along with any attachments hereto or links herein,
from your system.

The St. Paul Travelers e-mail system made this annotation on 11/11/2004,
12:30:16 PM.