ADSM-L

Restore WIN NT and WIN2K clients

2004-11-10 10:20:20
Subject: Restore WIN NT and WIN2K clients
From: Aftab Choudhry <aftab.choudhry AT SCHENKER DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 09:21:55 -0500
Hello Experts,

I need to restore WIN NT and WIN2K clients from scratch as part of our DR
drill. I am trying to figure out the best possible way to restore, other
than restoring files from backup pool to the client. I have tried restores
from Backup sets and from Image backup, but every time I run into problems,
when I try to restore drive C: it doesn't work, starts complaining about
write protected files ( and of course the files which are open), and if I
say overwrite, it still fails.

So, I need a solution to restore partition C:, from backupsets or image
backups.

Kindly Advise.

Aftab