ADSM-L

How to remove a single file from a TSM backup tape volume

2004-11-10 09:00:57
Subject: How to remove a single file from a TSM backup tape volume
From: Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 08:59:52 -0500
Hello,  Another question...

Background:
TSM Storage Manager: Version 5.2.3.4
AIX OpSystem: 5.2.2.0

I have a customer  that is requesting that 2 files be permanently removed
from TSM(classified type file)...including tape backup(which will be on
tape for 180 days).

Now I found the technote on Tivoli website - of the How to delete the file
from tape....Has anyone tried that suggestion?

I also checked the adsm.quickfacts sight... Search on ' File, selectively
delete from *SM' -unsupported method, which looks like the IBM suggestion
above. and the standard method.

I am gonna try the standard method(seems like less steps too) but was
curious if anyone tried the IBM suggestion?

Thanks Again ;-)

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
Backhaus.Nancy AT HealthNow DOT org
Office: (716) 887-7979
Cell: (716)  609-2138

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the sole
use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary, confidential,
trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a violation of law.  If you
are not the intended recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
message to an intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and
destroy all copies of the original
message.