ADSM-L

Re: Accessing another node from java web-client very slow

2004-11-09 13:54:34
Subject: Re: Accessing another node from java web-client very slow
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 13:52:29 -0500
TSM Restore processing is complex; and using a Web application is
pretty much the slowest way to do anything.  Stepwise drilling
down through directories is going to add overhead.

Your posting fails to specify your software levels, but you may also
be subject to ramifications discussed in APAR IC40022, where
problematic DNS site service further aggravates performance.

  Richard Sims