ADSM-L

Re: Storage pool

2004-11-08 07:36:18
Subject: Re: Storage pool
From: andrew.young AT CIS.CO DOT UK
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 2004 12:37:45 +0000
Shukrie.

      Be aware that turning collocation off will cause the partially empty
tapes to be merged into as few as possible. This will happen at the first
storage pool
      reclamation after collocation is turned off. Hence that number of
free tapes required in the storage pool will increase.

      Also to get around the files being scattered across numerous tapes
you may wish to consider using a selective backup once a week for normal
      tsm backups. This will reduce the spread of files across tapes when
you need to restore.

Many Thanks,

Andrew Young

                      "Hashim, Shukrie
                      BSP-ISM/116"             To:       ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                      <Shukrie.Hashim@S        cc:
                      HELL.COM>                Subject:  Re: Storage pool
                      Sent by: "ADSM:
                      Dist Stor
                      Manager"
                      <[email protected]
                      .EDU>

                      08/11/2004 01:36
                      Please respond to
                      "ADSM: Dist Stor
                      Manager"

Yes there are alot more nodes on that stgpool than the other .. one ... if
I switch off collocation .. will it be ok .. will TSM and the data .. on
TSM be OK ?