ADSM-L

Re: Where did my scratch tapes go?

2004-11-05 14:17:00
Subject: Re: Where did my scratch tapes go?
From: Curtis Stewart <Curtis.Stewart AT LAWSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:16:52 -0600
I would begin with the activity log... Search for strings like "I/O" or
"sense", or "label" and then zero in on any errors you see that may
indicate why the tapes are being set to private. Were they labelled when
you put them in?  A lot of us don't trust the pre-labelled tapes and
always use TSM's label libv command when putting new tapes in the library.

curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com

Nancy L Backhaus <Backhaus.Nancy AT HEALTHNOW DOT ORG>
11/05/2004 12:59 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Where did my scratch tapes go?

Hello,

Background:
TSM Version 5.2.3.4
AIX Operating System Version 5.2.2.0

2 libraries - one scratch count is steady, my LTOLIB library scratch count
is too low, privates too high.

What is happening?   Where do I begin looking?

11/04/04

STATUS          Unnamed[2]
----------     -----------
Cleaner                  1
Private                350
Scratch                 24

10/04/04

STATUS          Unnamed[2]
----------     -----------
Cleaner                  1
Private                250
Scratch                 59

Nancy Backhaus
Enterprise Systems
Backhaus.Nancy AT HealthNow DOT org
Office: (716) 887-7979
Cell: (716)  609-2138

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This email message and any attachments are for the
sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain proprietary,
confidential, trade secret or privileged information.  Any unauthorized
review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited and may be a
violation of law.  If you are not the intended recipient or a person
responsible for delivering this message to an intended recipient, please
message.