ADSM-L

Re: Where did my scratch tapes go?

2004-11-05 14:07:51
Subject: Re: Where did my scratch tapes go?
From: "Stapleton, Mark" <mark.stapleton AT BERBEE DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 13:07:38 -0600
From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Nancy L Backhaus
>2 libraries - one scratch count is steady, my LTOLIB library
>scratch count is too low, privates too high.
>
>What is happening?   Where do I begin looking?

You've asked a very wide-open question. Try this first: run

  checkin libv <library_name> search=yes status=scratch checkl=no

followed by

  checkin libv <library_name> search=yes status=private checkl=no

followed by

  audit library <library_name> checkl=barcode

(The syntax for the CHECKIN commands may vary, depending upon the type
of library you have. Do not run the AUDIT command while any other tape
operations are running.)

Now run your tape counts again. See what they say.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627