ADSM-L

Re: Retention policy -- quick one!

2004-11-05 12:50:59
Subject: Re: Retention policy -- quick one!
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 22:59:03 +0500
That means:
Version exists = nolimit ----------- I m effectively keeping the files that are
on the system for ever. Fine with me !

Version data deleted = NOLIMIT --------- I m keeping the files that have been
deleted from client forever just in case if i want to restore sometime later .
-- my requirement -- fine with me.

Retain extra version = 1100 --- keeping the inactive versions for 1100 days
that is approximately around 3 years -- and I can restore those active versions
after 3 years too  and not beyond.

Retain only version = 1100 ---- After the deletion of files from client, the
extra versions will be deleted and the ONLY VERSION LEFT WILL BE DELETED AT THE
SAME TIME THAT IS AFTER 1100 DAYS.

What is Backup Retention (Grace Period) which is defined in Policy domain?

Kind Regards,
Sandra

Version