ADSM-L

Re: Hyperion Essbase backup with TSM

2004-11-05 08:22:59
Subject: Re: Hyperion Essbase backup with TSM
From: Laura Booth <lbooth AT CARILION DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 5 Nov 2004 08:11:56 -0500
I do Essbase backups...I'll send you some info.

Thanks,
Laura Booth
Carilion Health Systems

>>> Jeffrey.Connor AT US.NGRID DOT COM 11/4/2004 11:16:30 PM >>>
We have been asked to backup Essbase from Hyperion on one of our
Windows
2000 client machines.  This apparently involves stopping the Essbase
application prior to backup and restarting it after. We plan to use
the
Pre and Post schedulecmd client option to run the required scripts.
Does
anyone with experience backing up Essbase with TSM have a
process/script
they could share which describes how you stop and start the app around
the TSM backup?   We also got into a debate about the need to do full
backups for Essbase rather than incrementals.  Anyone else had to
fight
that battle with Hyperion?

Thanks,
Jeff Connor
National Grid Svc Co

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential to
National Grid and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
entity to whom they are addressed.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please reply to this message and let the sender know.