ADSM-L

Follow up Re: SET DRMRPFEXPIREDAYS Question

2004-11-04 15:52:59
Subject: Follow up Re: SET DRMRPFEXPIREDAYS Question
From: Sung Y Lee <sunglee AT US.IBM DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 15:50:45 -0500

Thank you those who have responded.

The command "prepare" used without DEVCLASS parameter specified, the plan
file is written to a file based on the plan prefix.   In my case, the TSM
server path.    Each day as prepare command is ran, new Recovery plan file
is created in this location.  As I discovered with the help from some of
you, the Recovery Plan File Expiration Days has nothing to do with this
Recovery plan file created in the OS if DEVCLASS parameter is not used.
Thanks,

Sung Y. Lee

             Sung Y
             Lee/Austin/IBM
             11/03/2004 02:28          ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                                                                   Subject
                                       SET DRMRPFEXPIREDAYS  Question

Currently in our TSM environment, we are using DRM feature.  The Recovery
Plan File Expiration Days value is set to 60 Day(s) and we are doing
"prepare" without any options daily. However, when I goto recovery plan
location, recovery plan files older than 60 days are still there.. Why? and
how can I auto delete old recovery plan files older than 60 days
automatically?

I thought this setting under q drmstatus suppose to take care of this, but
apparently it is not.  That means either I am not doing something right or
misunderstood this feature of drmstatus... maybe both.

Thanks,

Sung Y. Lee

GIF image

GIF image