ADSM-L

Re: TDP for Lotus -- Right Policy

2004-11-03 14:09:31
Subject: Re: TDP for Lotus -- Right Policy
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 4 Nov 2004 00:17:00 +0500
That means,
If DBIID changes, it will not be treated as a new database?????????????????? and
older backups will be there as inactive? Great !!!
That means, if i have to keep compaction running every week, and i am keeping my
backups for say 12 versions then i would set:
Version exists = 12

Then i say that Backup retention (Grace period) is 90 days, that would suggest
that i am keeping my backups for 3 months and then deleting entirely from the
tapes too.

What if I have to take month end backups, 24 versions exists? and I will be
keeping those selctive backups in separate policy domain with separate backup
retention period = 730 days that is for 2 year..

Please correct me if i m wrong !!!!!!!!

Kind Regards,
Sandra