ADSM-L

TDP for Lotus -- Right Policy

2004-11-03 12:44:22
Subject: TDP for Lotus -- Right Policy
From: Sandra <sadi AT SUPER.NET DOT PK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 22:52:09 +0500
Dear All,
Sorry to popup again with a new thing .. as i went through the documentation and
list archive, and web searches.. i could not find what i was looking for.

My Lotus is on windows 2000 and i am using selective backups currently for
entire database (70GB).

What I am going to do:
1- Taking incremental daily.
2- Doing archivelog daily.
3- Doing inactivate log daily.

4- Doing compaction of all the database on Sunday morning. (Space constraint on
hard disk)
5- Doing incremental backups and archivelog there after till next sunday.

6- I don't think i need to take selective backups monthly or weekly or whatever.

What is my problem that i foresee:

1- If i am going to run compaction every sunday, i end up with so many databses
with different DBIIDs all with their respective transaction logs.
2- If I want to delete backups taken 3 months ago, how do I do that? Since no
version policy applies here after DBIID changes.
3- If Transaction Logs deletion.
TDP forLotus tells lotus server that certain archive logs have been backedup, so
lotus can delete or whatever those transaction log file.
            ?????? here is it right, if yes then how does that delete those
transaction log files? ??????
             ????? if it is not right,  then how do i go about deleting
archivelogs that have been backedup??? (definitely i m not running in circular
logging).

OR OR OR OR

What strategy should I follow????

Please enlighten me in this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! darknesssssssssss

Kind Regards,
Sandra