ADSM-L

restore of a server windows 2000 after a disk crash

2004-11-03 09:03:30
Subject: restore of a server windows 2000 after a disk crash
From: hassan hani <[email protected]>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 14:02:48 +0000
hello,

we have a backup of a server windows 2000 under TSM.

the backup consists of a complete backup of the server ( system object,
partitions C and D)

when we have a crash of disks, we want to use the backup under TSM.

We replace disks and install OS and TSM client, but when we restore
partitions C, D and system object, the server can't start up.

My question is:

Is there a procedure to use and exploit the backup of system object and Data
, because in my case, the data are restored but the system object restored
cause the server to stop working.

thanks you

MSN Messenger : dialoguez en temps riel avec vos amis !
http://g.msn.fr/FR1001/866