ADSM-L

Storage Agent config

2004-11-03 09:03:03
Subject: Storage Agent config
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2004 09:02:28 -0500

Hello!

I am configuring lan-free communication for several solaris Oracle servers.
I have set up server to server communication, installed Gresham EDT 6.4.6,
defined the storage agent, etc.  I am very confused concerning "how" to
logon to the storage agent through the TSM Server and also how to even
logon to a regular command line interface.  I know that the storage agent
info. is located at /opt/tivoli/tsm/StorageAgent/bin, but I'm a little
unclear about the rest.  I was looking through the Storage Agent User's
guide and it just confuses me more because my definitions are slightly
different.  I have successfully backed up data lan-free, but this was done
months ago and I'm a little rusty.  Here is what I am confused about:

1. Login to the storage agent's command line.  In my case this would be
fjsu011sa.
2. Login to fjsu011sa through the TSM server.
3. How do I know what is "expected" for communication between the client,
storage agent and server?

Here are my storage agent options file, dsm.sys file for the client and the
information on the definitions I have on the TSM server for the storage
agent and the client.  This is being run on an AIX 5.2 TSM 5.2.2.5 server.

(See attached file: dsmsta.opt.txt)(See attached file: dsm.sys.txt)(See
attached file: Client Info.txt)

Thanks in advance!

Joni Moyer
Highmark