ADSM-L

Re: CDL Library

2004-11-01 19:49:53
Subject: Re: CDL Library
From: TSM_User <tsm_user AT YAHOO DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 16:49:35 -0800
The CDL software CD comes with a quick start guid that in 10 pages and 5 or so
easy steps tells you how to create virtual libraries, drives and tapes.  Part
of those steps is tying the virtual library and drives to an HBA on a host (TSM
Server).  Once that is done your TSM server will see the library, drives and
tapes that you are virtualizaing as a real library, drives and tapes.  So from
the TSM perspective you configure things just as if they were real.

We set up 4 virtual STK L700's with 20 drives each on our CDL.  On the TSM
server the adsmscsi driver is controlling the library.  We installed the latest
Native IBM LTO drivers for the drives.  We configured everything in TSM just as
if it were a real library right down to running the label libv command.

Anil Maurya <tsm AT MAURYA DOT US> wrote:
Hi
Wondering if any body has any document on , How to configure CDL library
under TSM ?

Would be very much appreciated.
Thank you.

Anil Maurya