ADSM-L

Re: Netware/Novell 6.5

2004-11-01 10:41:04
Subject: Re: Netware/Novell 6.5
From: Troy Frank <Troy.Frank AT UWMF.WISC DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 09:40:14 -0600
The new TSA's in NW6.5 have given a lot of people problems, but the good
news is it's pretty much resolved now.  The gist of it is, that TSAFS
used to suck up too much memory, and not release it.  You can resolve
the problem by setting the CacheMemoryThreshold setting, which basically
tells the TSA what percentage of memory it's allowed to use.  Since
lowering this value will likely hurt performance, I would only mess with
it if you actually see problems.  If you do run into it, there's a TID
regarding it here..

http://support.novell.com/cgi-bin/search/searchtid.cgi?/10091980.htm

>>> Bill_Rosette AT PAPAJOHNS DOT COM 11/1/2004 8:45:19 AM >>>
Hello TSM'rs

We are considering changing our Netware 5.1 boxes to 6.5.

Are there any TSM issues that anybody is aware of?

We are currently running 5.2.3 on the client and 5.1.1.0 on the server
and
using managedservices webclient schedule and all is running good as
long as
I use resourceutilization 4 or below.

Thank You,
Bill Rosette
Data Center/IS/Papa Johns International
WWJD

Confidentiality Notice follows:

The information in this message (and the documents attached to it, if any)
is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for
the addressee. Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorized. If
you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution
or any action taken, or omitted to be taken in reliance on it is
prohibited and may be unlawful. If you have received this message in
error, please delete all electronic copies of this message (and the
documents attached to it, if any), destroy any hard copies you may have
created and notify me immediately by replying to this email. Thank you.