ADSM-L

Unable to bring 3583 back online

2004-10-29 17:41:54
Subject: Unable to bring 3583 back online
From: Mike Bantz <mbantz AT RSINC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 15:44:21 -0600
We had a main board go out on our 3583, where the SCSI cable connects from
the TSM server and then on to the two drives.

When I boot everything up, the drives are unavailable and I'm not able to
update them - it says that the 3583 is unavailable. When I look at the 3583
in TSM, it gives me an error that the serial number doesn't match.

I've tried updating this with autodetect, still no go. I've tried updating
this with the serial gleaned from the 3583 itself, still no go. The admin
console will kick back that the library is updated with the newly discovered
serial number, yet I am still not able to update the drives to online
because they show the library unavailable.

What exactly am I missing here?

Mike Bantz
Systems Administrator
Research Systems, Inc