ADSM-L

Re: reclamation question

2004-10-28 11:53:42
Subject: Re: reclamation question
From: "Coats, Jack" <Jack.Coats AT BANKSTERLING DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:52:50 -0500
Both full and filling are being reclaimed.

I have found that because I have local tapes with errors on them, to reclaim
some of my offsite copypool tapes, I pull in the copypool tapes that 'will
not finish reclaiming' (less than 3% or so), check them in, and do a 'move
data' on them.  They turn into PENDING once the data has been moved.  I send
them offsite again, until they are 'EMPTY'.  Doing this simi-regularly has
recovered many tapes.