ADSM-L

Re: AIX backup failures - InsertSlashHack! and "System ran out of memory" messages

2004-10-27 13:44:42
Subject: Re: AIX backup failures - InsertSlashHack! and "System ran out of memory" messages
From: Zoltan Forray/AC/VCU <zforray AT VCU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 13:43:25 -0400
Tried this. Worked just fine. Backed up the whole directory, no issues, no
failures, etc.

"Wheelock, Michael D" <Michael.Wheelock AT INTEGRIS-HEALTH DOT COM>
10/27/2004 01:05 PM
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: AIX backup failures - InsertSlashHack! and "System ran out of memory"
messages

Hi,

I am by far and away no expert, but here is what I would do....

Since "nothing" has changed on the server, I would guess that the
problem is in the file you are trying to back up.

Can you turn on tracing or backup by hand to see what file it is chewing
on when it dies?  There may be something corrupt about the file that is
being backed up.

This would explain why cycling the client processes yield the same
result (ie. It still thinks it needs to backup that file).

Tracing may also yield more info as well and would probably be one of
the first things that is asked for by support (along with the logs that
you sent the list).

Michael Wheelock
Integris Health