ADSM-L

Re: Tips on backing up over slow networks please

2004-10-27 07:43:46
Subject: Re: Tips on backing up over slow networks please
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2004 11:48:53 +0100
Hi Neil,

I'd agree with John, having had to try similar things myself. In the
end, its down to how big your pipes are and how much data needs to get
through them. This is a situation where clearly identifying important
data and restore requirements may help to limit the data being sent
through to TSM. Other options could go along the lines of backing up on
alternate days etc..

Matt.