ADSM-L

TDP for Notes Restore Problem

2004-10-25 23:06:48
Subject: TDP for Notes Restore Problem
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichman AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 19:51:31 -0700
We have Lotus Notes backups done with the TDP 5.1.5 (Notes v5.x). Back
in January the server name was called "TEST". In March, the server was
renamed to "TEST-OLD" and we continued to do backups by creating a new
node "TEST". So now we have data from Jan through March under
"TEST-OLD" and from March on called "TEST"...

We have not expired any data since since January..

Our normal rotation is to do a weekly full and daily incrementals.
There is a problem though that i'm finding. The first full backup for
TEST was done March 15th. The server rename was done on March 7th. Now
when I look back i see:

March 1st - Full taken now under TEST-OLD
March 2-7 - Incrementals now under TEST-OLD
March 8-14 - Incrementals now under TEST
March 15 - Full taken now under TEST

So the question is whether or not March 8-14 can be restored? It seems
not unless someone has any ideas. TSM thinks there is no full for TEST
prior to the 15th so how can it? Have we lost access to the data on
these dates?