ADSM-L

Bad dsm.sys file? Backing up to wrong management class.

2004-10-25 13:33:55
Subject: Bad dsm.sys file? Backing up to wrong management class.
From: Chris Hund <CHund AT BENESIGHT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:33:16 -0600
Hi all,

I discovered something very strange with one of my nodes today.  The management
class configured for this node in the dsm.sys file (set with "DIRMC") is not
the MC this node is sending its data to.  I discovered that this node is
actually using the default MC and tape pool.

I can do a "dsmc show options" and see that the correct management class is
configured there, i.e., it's NOT configured to use the default MC.  But again,
for some reason it using the default MC.

Has anyone ever bumped into this before?  I'm wondering if just building a new
dsm.sys file won't fix the problem.

Many thanks,
Chris Hund