ADSM-L

Re: How to define an adic FastStor LTO Ultrium 1 with a 7 slot autoloader under ITSM 5.2.2.5

2004-10-25 10:38:57
Subject: Re: How to define an adic FastStor LTO Ultrium 1 with a 7 slot autoloader under ITSM 5.2.2.5
From: Joe Crnjanski <JCrnjanski AT INFINITYNETWORK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 10:38:11 -0400
In TSM 5.2 you will need to use "native" windows drivers. Download them from:
ftp://service.boulder.ibm.com/storage/devdrvr/Windows/Win2003/IBMTape.W32_6063.zip

Before you install read the readme.txt (that's why is called readme)

You will need latest drivers for your SCSI card also.

Disable "Removable Storage" service in Windows, so the autoloader won't be
controlled from windows.

After that, you can go to TSM Management Console and use Device Configuration
Wizard. It should find the Autoloader.

This should work for you.

Joe Crnjanski
Infinity Network Solutions Inc.