ADSM-L

Re: upgrade path from 3590E to 3592

2004-10-24 12:52:37
Subject: Re: upgrade path from 3590E to 3592
From: Matthew Glanville <matthew.glanville AT KODAK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sun, 24 Oct 2004 12:46:42 -0400
>> ...Because of budget constrains I am thinking of replacing a frame...

>Eliza - Further $ might be saved by converting an existing frame...

>Per the 3592 Planning manual:
>    "Existing frame models L10, L12, and L14 frames can also be
>     converted to the Model L22, and existing D10, D12, and D14
>     frame models can be converted to the D22 and D24 frames to
>     accommodate the new 3592 drives."

>  Richard Sims   (thinking of going that way)

We've done it.  L12 -> L22 and D12 -> D22
Went quite smoothly, and quickly.  Although it did appear that
we may have been one of the first to do it.  Make sure your
IBM SE asks around for tips on how to do the upgrade.

Also, you can put in 4x3592 drives in the spaces taken up
by the 2x3590's.

Matthew Glanville