ADSM-L

Registering client for Informix data protection setup

2004-10-20 11:41:36
Subject: Registering client for Informix data protection setup
From: Richard Mochnaczewski <RichardM AT INVERA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:42:32 -0400
Hi,

I'm trying to setup the Informix Data Protection client on an AIX 5.1 64-bit
machine. I'm following the Data Protection for Informix Guide and I'm trying
to register the client with the server but I keep getting the following :

root:stxqa> tdpipswd

*       TDP for Informix Backup                               *
* Password file initialization program                        *
*>> this must be run by the ROOT user if updating the value <<*
Enter your current password:
Enter your new password:
Enter your new password again:
*** Password change failed: ANS1025E (RC137)  Session rejected:
Authentication failure

/usr/tivoli/tsm/client/informix/bin64
root:stxqa>

I've setup another node called stxqa-tdp for the Informix client ( this
client also has a node named stxqa which is currently being used for the
daily data backups ). Any ideas ? I've checked the dsierror.log but it just
has the same session authentication message . Any help would be appreciated.

Rich

waive any related rights and obligations. Any distribution, use or copying of
this e-mail or the information it contains by other than an intended recipient
is unauthorized. If you received this e-mail in error, please advise me (by
return e-mail or otherwise) immediately.

Ce courriel est confidentiel et prot+AOk-g+AOk-. L'exp+AOk-diteur ne renonce pas aux droits
et obligations qui s'y rapportent. Toute diffusion, utilisation ou copie de ce
message ou des renseignements qu'il contient par une personne autre que le
(les) destinataire(s) d+AOk-sign+AOk-(s) est interdite. Si vous recevez ce courriel par
erreur, veuillez m'en aviser imm+AOk-diatement, par retour de courriel ou par un
autre moyen.