ADSM-L

Re: Prioritizing a restore ...

2004-10-18 13:41:02
Subject: Re: Prioritizing a restore ...
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 13:40:28 -0400
On Oct 18, 2004, at 12:05 PM, PAC Brion Arnaud wrote:

I had hard times, couple of days ago, explaining our management why the
restore of an important informix server took more than 12 hours because
it was made at the same time (middle of the night) than all the nightly
backups, and that TSM server seemed to be overflown by all that data

Therefore my question : is there any way giving a restore process a
higher prioryty than any other server activity, to ensure a faster
restore ?

Arnaud - I believe that an Informix restoral would follow the standard
         TSM convention where, per the TSM Admin Guide ("Preemption of
Client
or Server Operations"), restorals inherently have a high priority, as
the
product's raison d'etre.  Perhaps you have the NOPREEMPT server option
in
effect?  If not, check your Activity Log for what the story is.

   Richard Sims