ADSM-L

Prioritizing a restore ...

2004-10-18 12:05:43
Subject: Prioritizing a restore ...
From: PAC Brion Arnaud <Arnaud.Brion AT PANALPINA DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 18:05:15 +0200
Hi List,

I had hard times, couple of days ago, explaining our management why the
restore of an important informix server took more than 12 hours because
it was made at the same time (middle of the night) than all the nightly
backups, and that TSM server seemed to be overflown by all that data ...

Therefore my question : is there any way giving a restore process a
higher prioryty than any other server activity, to ensure a faster
restore ?
Thanks in advance !
Cheers.

Arnaud

******
Panalpina Management Ltd., Basle, Switzerland, CIT Department
Viadukstrasse 42, P.O. Box 4002 Basel/CH
Phone:  +41 (61) 226 11 11, FAX: +41 (61) 226 17 01
Direct: +41 (61) 226 19 78
e-mail: arnaud.brion AT panalpina DOT com
******