ADSM-L

Re: file creation date problem

2004-10-14 14:22:24
Subject: Re: file creation date problem
From: Doug Thorneycroft <dthorneycroft AT LACSD DOT ORG>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:21:42 -0700
If you copied the files, you are also losing the file permissions.
You can download robocopy from Microsoft, or use xcopy from
a win2003 or XP machine. (I don't think that the Win2K version copied
security)
Be sure to read the help files, both Xcopy and Robocopy need
to be used with switches to do what you want.

Or, test your restore procedures and restore the data to the
new drive.

Doug Thorneycroft
Systems Analyst
Computer Technology Section
County Sanitation Districts of Los Angeles County
(562) 699-7411 Ext. 1058
FAX (562) 699-6756
dthorneycroft AT lacsd DOT org