ADSM-L

Upgrade Path suggestions? AIX 5.1 ML5 (32-bit), and TSM 5.1.7.3 ----> AIX 5.2 ML4 and TSM 5.X.X.X?

2004-10-14 11:17:04
Subject: Upgrade Path suggestions? AIX 5.1 ML5 (32-bit), and TSM 5.1.7.3 ----> AIX 5.2 ML4 and TSM 5.X.X.X?
From: "Thach, Kevin G" <KThach AT COVHLTH DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:16:47 -0400
We are moving our TSM server to a new p570, which requires a minimum OS
level of AIX 5.2 ML4.

I'd like to upgrade just the OS at first without having to upgrade the
TSM version, but I've read a few posts on here that TSM 5.1 isn't
supported on AIX 5.2.  Is that accurate?  I've looked for clarification
in the Tivoli Quick Start guides, but can't find it.

Also, can anyone recommend a stable version of TSM 5.2.X.X that I should
consider moving to?  It looks as if 5.2.3.3 is the latest, but history
has proven that the latest version of TSM isn't always stable.

If TSM 5.1 is indeed NOT supported on AIX 5.2, then my plan is to go
ahead and upgrade to TSM 5.2.X.X, and then upgrade AIX to 5.2 ML4.  If
TSM 5.1 is supported, then I'm just going to upgrade the OS for now and
go ahead and switch servers.  Then, I'll upgrade TSM later once I know
I'm stable on the new hardware platform.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!