ADSM-L

Library sharing issue

2004-10-14 05:18:43
Subject: Library sharing issue
From: Gilles <gilles.roelants AT GMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:18:34 +0200
Hi,

I'm working in a library sharing env.:

* library manager: TSM 5.1.9.3 on Solaris8
* 5 library clients: TSM 5.1.9.3 on Solaris8
* tape library: IBM 3584 (12 LTO drives)

For testing purposes I added a new TSM library client. It is also a
TSM 5.1.9.3  but  it's running on a Linux RedHat Enterprise 3. At the
command line (with IBMtapeutil) everything is working fine (all
operations with media changer & drives). When I try to mount a tape
through TSM (when doing for instance a backup db) I have the following
error:

ANR8779E Unable to open drive /dev/IBMtape0, error number=16.

This message appears in loop in the logs (until a cancel process
command is issued).

The library manager doesn't assign an empty drive to the Linux library
client but instead always send it to the first one (/dev/IBMtape0)
regardless of its state.

* The path to the library is defined once for the library manager.
* A path towards each drive is defined for each library client.

Am I missing something here ? Do I have to define a second time a path
to the library on the library manager for the Linux server (due to
differences in special files naming) ?

Ideas are more than welcome :-)

Thanks in advance.