ADSM-L

Re: Equivalent of UNIX "tail/head" in TSM SQL query

2004-10-13 11:34:38
Subject: Re: Equivalent of UNIX "tail/head" in TSM SQL query
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:33:48 +0100
A moot point from me, as Richard has settled the DB type question but,

You should still be able to execute system 'dsmadmc' commands and
collect the output into perl? IE, using the backticks notation or
system() or something similar to just do

@output=`dsmadmc -id= -pa= select stuff from the_db where thingummies
are interesting`

or similar....

no?