ADSM-L

Re: Equivalent of UNIX "tail/head" in TSM SQL query

2004-10-13 08:57:50
Subject: Re: Equivalent of UNIX "tail/head" in TSM SQL query
From: goc <goran.k AT VIP DOT HR>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:57:32 +0200
hi
it's DB2 derivate , right ?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Richard Sims" <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: <ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU>
Sent: Wednesday, October 13, 2004 2:19 PM

>I am trying to make some useful reports by queryring the TSM database,
but I can not find out how to fetch the first N rows in that query. In
the DB2-manuals I find the "fetch" command, but it does not seem to work
here. Also tried googling and searching the archives here.

Hans - The TSM database is not an SQL db.  The SQL operations which can
      be performed are extremely limited, to what is described in the
TSM Admin Guide and Admin Ref manuals, and the Technical Guide redbook.
And the overhead of some SQL operations can be prohibitive.
In particular, there is no way to limit a table search or its results
set.

 Richard Sims   http://people.bu.edu/rbs