ADSM-L

Re: inc mmc question

2004-10-12 18:51:25
Subject: Re: inc mmc question
From: Steve Harris <Steve_Harris AT HEALTH.QLD.GOV DOT AU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 08:48:43 +1000
Rick,

You need to define two nodes.  One for daily incrementals and one for dailies -
you can't do it with one.
Use separate opt files for this.  I haven't done it yet,we are still in design
phase,  but I will be using two TSM server instances on the same hardware, one
for monthlies and one for dailies

Steve

Steve Harris
AIX and TSM Admin
Queensland Health, Brisbane Australia

>>> RWillmore AT RSAC DOT COM 13/10/2004 4:56:14 >>>
I have tested the backupset option and DAMN its slow.  I figured I would be
stuck with the archive option but I thought I would throw it out to the group.
I didnt really have any intention of doing full+inc option.  I have daily
incrementals with  no fulls and some archives for longer retention but I was
hoping to increase my backup speed by using strictly incrementals.

R.