ADSM-L

Re: RECLAMATION

2004-10-12 10:17:33
Subject: Re: RECLAMATION
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 10:16:16 -0400
On Oct 12, 2004, at 9:46 AM, James Lepre wrote:

Hello All,

 I am having problem with reclamation.  Tapes are not being recycled as
they should be.  For instance I used get back about 100 tapes per week,
now I am getting back 16.  Any suggestions?

Some possibilities:
 - Expiration not running to its natural conclusion (is time-limited).
 - Someone changed retention policies or Reusedelay.
 - A surge in new client data hitting the storage pools.
Your Activity Log records of client sessions plus accounting records
will show what clients are doing.

  Richard Sims