ADSM-L

Re: export errors

2004-10-12 08:52:59
Subject: Re: export errors
From: Richard Sims <rbs AT BU DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:51:50 -0400
On Oct 12, 2004, at 8:38 AM, Moga, Costin wrote:

Before export I've checked all the volumes from storage pool and they
have
the status ReadWrite. Beside that, after export, I put again the tape
in
ReadWrite status and I coud move the data to storage pool.
How could I investigate if some tapes have problems before export?

Your best bet would be a review of the Activity Log, which would show
TSM having problems with tapes - or drives.  It may be that a marginal
tape drive is screwing up the Export, and that will show up in the
Activity Log as well as OS logs like the AIX Error Log (errpt cmd).
Your info above indicates that your tapes seem fine, so a drive problem
could be causing the exasperating termination of the long-running
Export.
If you can identify such a drive, do a Vary Off to keep it out of the
line-up.

   Richard Sims