ADSM-L

FastStor 7 Slot (Offsite Pool)

2004-10-11 19:48:51
Subject: FastStor 7 Slot (Offsite Pool)
From: Mark Fergusson <mark AT TMSLTD.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 00:32:39 +0100
Hello TSM'rs

I have recently implemented a Linux TSM environment using the Server to Server
Virtual Volumes.

ServerA receives all client backups to a file based library. ServerA replicates
its file based library to identically configured ServerB.

ServerB has the ADIC 7 Slot autochanger attached.

On ServerB I have the TARGETPOOL which is ServerA's virtual volumes.
I then have a local tape pool called LTOPOOL and an offsite pool called
LTOOFFSITE. Both are configured as copy pools.

Because of the limited amount tapes the autochanger holds I am wondering
whether I could do away with the local lto pool, LTOPOOL and just have
LTOOFFSITE.

I am battling to get my head around how I can still have a workable offsite
tape policy. I keep coming back to the need for an onsite tape pool.

Am I over looking something?

Rgds
Mark