ADSM-L

How to match WINNT LTO tape drvies with TSM drvie names

2004-10-09 09:50:49
Subject: How to match WINNT LTO tape drvies with TSM drvie names
From: Raju Gv <rajugv AT INGVYSYABANK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 2004 19:23:17 +0530
Hai All,

plesae specify me the command/procedure for win nt as
the drive names like "mt4.0.07" with /dev/rmt<x> on tsm.

As we have configured the tsm and we have initiated the backup from
nt server, the tape mounted message is displaying on tsm console(q actlog
and q mount)

But at win nt is unable to access the drive and backup is not happening.

the following error number on from "q actlog" is as follows
10/09/04 19:13:57     ANR8779E (Session: 2207, Origin: CBSFS2SRV)  Unable to

                       open drive mt4.0.0.7, error number=5.

please help me in this regards

Regards
G V Raju