ADSM-L

Reset serverpassword; what is impact?

2004-10-08 07:26:38
Subject: Reset serverpassword; what is impact?
From: Mike Hagery <mhagery AT HOTMAIL DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 8 Oct 2004 11:28:12 +0000
Hello,

Just a quick question.

Two servers: AIX 5.2, TSM 5.1.7.3, one library-manager and the other
library-client.

We use the other-server defintions on both TSM-machines for library-sharing.
Now we want a third server to setup as library-client. But we can't remember
the serverpassword we used on the TSM-server that acts as a library manager.

Now we want to reset the serverpassword. As far as I understand, I only have
to update the serverpassword on the other-servers definitions on the
library-clients.

Does this have any impact on other processes or something else?

Thanx,

Mike

Is your PC infected? Get a FREE online computer virus scan from McAfee.