ADSM-L

Re: DSMSERV UNLOADDB

2004-10-07 10:28:18
Subject: Re: DSMSERV UNLOADDB
From: fred johanson <fred AT MIDWAY.UCHICAGO DOT EDU>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 09:30:58 -0500
Daniel,

What hardware/software are you on for that kind of performance?

At 04:16 PM 10/7/2004 +0200, you wrote:
Hi Alexandra

The load process normally takes less time than the unload process. We made
a unload on a 165GB large TSM database. It took 24 hours to unload, but
only 16 hours to load.

So, it takes about 2/3 of the time todo the reload. This is of course
depending on the type of media you're using. We made the unload to disk.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Chef Utveckling & Drift
Exist i Stockholm AB
Propellervägen 6B
183 62 TÄBY
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

"Yuhico, Alexandra" <alexandra.yuhico AT ATOSORIGIN DOT COM>
2004-10-07 16:15
Please respond to

ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
cc

Subject
Re: DSMSERV UNLOADDB

thank you daniel.
in that case i may as well push through with the loading and hope it takes
shorter amount of time than the unload which took  8 hours!