ADSM-L

Re: How to split TSM server ?

2004-10-06 11:24:55
Subject: Re: How to split TSM server ?
From: "Warren, Matthew (Retail)" <Matthew.Warren AT POWERGEN.CO DOT UK>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 6 Oct 2004 16:27:12 +0100
I think one of the easiest ways, if this is possible in your situation,
is to simply set up a second TSM instance, point half of your clients at
it, and away you go... the first backups wil be full ones, so you may
want to stagger pointing new clients at the server.

The data for the clients that have switched will expire off of the older
machine eventually, leaving you with two separate TSM servers.

Without any further info, I wouldn't be sure how you could approach
splitting library / drive / storage resources.

Matt.