ADSM-L

Strange behaviour solaris 9 with domain option

2004-10-05 11:22:13
Subject: Strange behaviour solaris 9 with domain option
From: Steve Hartland <SteveH AT LECHABILESS.CO DOT ZA>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 17:18:16 +0200
Hi Fellow TSM'ers
        Problem as follows:
Server 5.2.2.0
Client 5.2.0.0 also tested 5.2.2.0
Solaris 5.9

If I use the domain statement in the dsm.sys file to exclude any one of the
file systems, it excludes all the file systems for example.

I have the following FS's on the client server

/
/var
/oradata1
/oradata2
/backup1
/backup2
/app

I want to exclude  /oradata 1 & 2 from being backed up, so I put this in the
dsm.sys file:
Domain -/oradata1  -/oradata2
I then run an incremental from the command line or a schedule and nothing is
backed up.

I have tested this scenario on a Solaris 5.8 and an AIX 5.1 machine and it
works as expected. I.e. all FS's are backed up except the ones excluded by the
domain statement.

Has anyone else experienced this type of thing.

Regards

Steve Hartland
Lechabile Storage Solutions
0824645461