ADSM-L

can server-free do this?

2004-10-04 11:59:51
Subject: can server-free do this?
From: Mike <mikee AT MIKEE.ATH DOT CX>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 2004 11:02:10 -0500
We have a shark and are looking at getting a fastT. Currently
one platform uses the shark's ability to 'snap' backups. We're
considering doing the same 'snap'ping of backups with the other
two platforms (aix with the shark and intel with the fastT).
If the platform snaps a backup, is there a way through the SAN
fabric to mount that filesystem (difficult for intel I think)
directly to the tsm server (AIX) so the tsm server reads the
files instead of using a tsm client on the client nodes?

I'm thinking that if I can even mount the intel filesystem (NTFS)
that I must backup the filesystem using blocks rather than files.

Mike