ADSM-L

Re: How does it work?????

2004-10-01 16:35:37
Subject: Re: How does it work?????
From: asr AT UFL DOT EDU
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Fri, 1 Oct 2004 16:37:46 -0400
==> In article <3E78CC25C9635E4E91F8E4E759B66F715CD473 AT CDKALBEXC172025.intra
DOT coop>, "Nielsen, Bo" <Bo.Nielsen AT COOP DOT DK> writes:

> I have had a question today. How does TSM write data to a storagepool which
> have 9 disks.  It's PST files - big files - which is writing to the
> storagepool. Does the TSM server write simultaneous to all the disks or does
> TSM first fill disk one and then disk two and so...

I seem to find a 'write each file to one volume' pattern.  When my file sizes
are huge (DB2 fulls, for instance) disk volumes get filled one at a time.
When they are small, I see all the volumes filling more or less at the same
rate.

- Allen S. Rout