ADSM-L

Re: Adding 3592's to a 3494

2004-09-30 14:34:49
Subject: Re: Adding 3592's to a 3494
From: Ben Bullock <bbullock AT MICRON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 2004 12:36:45 -0600
        Hmm... Another "new library definition" vote.

        In my case, I will be upgrading 1/2 of the drives to 3592,
migrating all the data to the new format and then upgrading the rest of
the 3590s. In the end, it will all look the same except I have new
drives.

        Won't I be OK having the 3590 and 3592 drives in the same
scratch and private categories? The TSM server is smart enough to know
which scratch tapes can go in which drives... No? Is that a wrong
assumption on my part?

Ben