ADSM-L

Re: Node will not delete

2004-09-29 12:34:14
Subject: Re: Node will not delete
From: Joni Moyer <joni.moyer AT HIGHMARK DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 2004 12:32:53 -0400
Hi!

The name of the server is node13.

q occ node13
Results: ANR2034E QUERY OCCUPANCY: No match found using this criteria.

q filespace node13
Results:
Node Name       Filespace   FSID Platform Filespace    Is     Capacity
Pct
                Name                      Type      Filespace     (MB)
Util
                                                    Unicode?
--------------- ----------- ---- -------- --------- --------- --------
-----
NODE13          /usr           2 AIX      JFS          No        984.0
93.7

When I tried to delete the node I received the following message:

 Operation Results

ANR2152E REMOVE NODE: Inventory references still exist for node NODE13.

I tried to remove the node through the GUI, but it didn't work... I
couldn't think of any other info. that might be needed.  This is on a TSM
5.1.8.3 server on the mainframe and the client is an AIX server.

Thanks again!

********************************
Joni Moyer
Highmark
Storage Systems
Work:(717)302-6603
Fax:(717)302-5974
joni.moyer AT highmark DOT com
********************************

             "Stapleton, Mark"
             <mark.stapleton@B
             ERBEE.COM>                                                 To
             Sent by: "ADSM:           ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
             Dist Stor                                                  cc
             Manager"
             <[email protected]                                     Subject
             .EDU>                     Re: Node will not delete

             09/29/2004 12:25
             PM

             Please respond to
             "ADSM: Dist Stor
                 Manager"
             <[email protected]
                   .EDU>

From: ADSM: Dist Stor Manager [mailto:ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU] On
Behalf Of Joni Moyer
>I am still locked out of adsm.org due to our company's smart
>filter, so I have to ask this question again... I deleted all
>filespace information for a node, but it will not delete the
>node due to the fact that it still thinks data is associated
>with the node.  Any suggestions?  Thank you in advance!

Details please. Commands run, error messages that result, and anything
else that might be relevant.

Berbee Information Networks
Office 262.521.5627