ADSM-L

Re: please help -- DRM -- 3582 Library with 2 drives -- Need assistance

2004-09-27 13:57:15
Subject: Re: please help -- DRM -- 3582 Library with 2 drives -- Need assistance
From: CORP Rick Willmore <RWillmore AT RSAC DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2004 10:58:58 -0700
I have to go through my scripts and my very bad memory for your questions so if
anyone finds fault with my answers to sandra please dont hesistate :)

1)
DRM marks the necessary tapes to go offsite at that point I check them out
using a script that I run once a day

move drmedia * wherestate=mountable tostate=vault remove=bulk

2)
when you bring the tapes back they are usually expired via the DRM and
therefore become scratch tapes

3)
I personally dont use the "reuse delay" feature but according to the manual
this is for DR purposes as the
data on the tape isnt deleted only the database is updated.  If you try and
bring the tapes back in as scratch
after they have after the data has been moved,expired,deleted off of the tape
but before the reuse delay TSM should
complain and you will have to wait till the 3 day time period is complete.
Again I dont use this feature and so I am \
just relaying what is in the manual.

R.