ADSM-L

Problem with connection between TSM and Autoloader

2004-09-23 06:43:11
Subject: Problem with connection between TSM and Autoloader
From: "Mueller, Robert" <robert.mueller AT BEARINGPOINT DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 2004 11:29:17 +0100
Hi!

I've a big problem with the connectivity between the TSM software and the
tapedrive. I have installed the TSM Software (4,2..) on a AIX RS/6000 Server
and a Utlrium Autoloader connected on a HVD Controller... When I try to access
the Autoloader with the "tapeutil" toll, I can access teh autloader and test
the device (move tapes, R/W tests... a.s.o) but when I try to define the drive
in the TSM software the TSM reports an error message, that there is a I/O
error...

DEFINE DRIVE 3581LIB_1 LTO_DRIVE_1 DEVICE=/dev/smc0 ONLINE=YES
ANR8420E DEFINE DRIVE: An I/O error occurred while accessing drive LTO_DRIVE_1.

but, when the connectivity between the server and the autoloader is not working
properly, it shouldn't be possible to connect via the tapeutil tool..

Has anybody an idea, where the problem is???

Sincerely
Robert Mueller

Access to this email by anyone other than the intended addressee is
unauthorized.  If you are not the intended recipient of this message, any
review, disclosure, copying, distribution, retention, or any action taken or
omitted to be taken in reliance on it is prohibited and may be unlawful.  If
you are not the intended recipient, please reply to or forward a copy of this
message to the sender and delete the message, any attachments, and any copies
thereof from your system.