ADSM-L

disk storage pools and windows compressed file systems

2004-09-21 13:09:39
Subject: disk storage pools and windows compressed file systems
From: Steve Bennett <steve_bennett AT ADMIN.STATE.AK DOT US>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:10:35 -0800
Have any of you used disk primary storage pools which use windows
compressed file systems? Comments on performance, etc?

We are investigating use of a multi TB raid5 array to use as a buffer
between our local primary disk pool and the tapepool. Have seen the
posts regarding file vs disk device classes but what about compression?
Good, bad, etc.

Win 2000 sp4 with TSM server 5.2.3.2

--

Steve Bennett, (907) 465-5783
State of Alaska, Enterprise Technology Services, Technical Services Section