ADSM-L

AIX/TSM Paging Space and Memory Settings

2004-09-21 10:34:49
Subject: AIX/TSM Paging Space and Memory Settings
From: Curtis Stewart <Curtis.Stewart AT LAWSON DOT COM>
To: ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 09:36:29 -0500
Well, interesting results from the changes we made to our vmtune settings
yesterday. We have one TSM instance running with JFS2 for database, logs
and storage pools, and another on all raw. We run two database backups
daily, a full and a snapshot. Last evening's snapshot was 5,000,000 pages
an hour faster on the JFS2 TSM instance than any previous DB backup we've
had. It was about the same speed as a backup on the server using raw
volumes. Of course, one night doesn't mean a whole lot in the big scheme
of things. But if this continues, I'll be impressed.

Curtis
curtis.stewart AT lawson DOT com